WA-ACEP is working to make sure you are equipped to handle your patients’ and community needs during this crisis. Please visit this page for updates on information and resources.
- FREE Hilton Hotel stays and Other Member Discounts: Hilton and American Express have partnered to offer FREE rooms to ACEP members through May 31. See this and other discounts here.
- Counseling Services: ACEP Members receive three free counseling sessions via Mines & Associates. Sessions are available 24/7 by phone, text or online messaging, or you can schedule a face-to-face appointment near your office, home or school. More information here.
- Field Care: ACEP has released an official guide to COVID care.
- PPE Submission Request: The Northwest Healthcare Response Network (NWHRN) Healthcare Emergency Coordination Center (HECC) is also engaged in activities to support the healthcare coalition and state DOH-IMT COVID-19 mitigation and response efforts (including assessing and resourcing PPE) . If your healthcare facility needs to submit a resource request for PPE in this COVID-19 response, please download and submit a WA State 213RR form here.
- SBA Loan Resources: The Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) authorizes up to $350 billion in forgivable loans to small businesses to pay their employees during the COVID-19 crisis. It was launched on April 3rd and is part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief , and Economic Security Act (CARES) to cover their payroll and other certain expenses through existing SBA lenders.
Where can I apply? You can apply through any existing SBA lender or through any federally insured depository institution, federally insured credit union, and Farm Credit System institution that is participating. Other regulated lenders will be available to make these loans once they are approved and enrolled in the program. You should consult with your local lender as to whether it is participating. Visit www.sba.gov for a list of SBA lenders.
Donations: Many of us have been approached with questions about how to donate PPE. A great resource is the Washington State DES. Please read the below from the NWHRN, as they have updated COVID-19 donation management process:
When we receive a notification of a donation or offering of supplies, they will be referred to the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services (DES) website. DES is working to purchase and also coordinate donations of PPE across the state: Donation Site.
When we receive notification of a donation or offering of space or staff, we will make connections at a local level. i.e. a donations management team at an LHJ. When we do not have a local contact for donation management, we plan to send those notifications up to the state level via referral to DES website.
The DOH has published the following PPE Prioritization Guidelines .
Summary by County
Check the Washington State Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak Summary for further updates on the spread of the virus by county.
Download this free Stay Home Banner to encourage your community to take proper precautions.
As Washington was the first state to be hit with COVID-19 in the US, it is our responsibility to update and share best practices as they develop. The following was created by board member Gregg Miller, MD, FACEP and disseminated nationally on Friday March 13. WA-ACEP is dedicated to providing up to date information and we will update as necessary: Best Practice Guides
Risk & Evaluation Criteria
The CDC website has a chart to guide evaluation of patients under investigation. Cases should be reported to the hospital’s infection control department and to the local or state health department.